Week 3 Challenge Activity 4

It didn’t used to be like this. She didn’t used to be this way. I remember when she was just an innocent, fun little girl. She used to be my daughter, she used to be my everything. I loved her. I don’t know how this happened. My daughter, my only daughter. Caroline.

It started with the boy. Georgio was his name, I think. He was older than her by a few years, but they were so in love. He was a bad influence. He made her get drunk and fail her classes, and even after I forbid her to see him anymore, they kept meeting in secret and sneaking out. She couldn’t stay away. Then I got a job up in Marfa, so we moved out. She became depressed missing him. She cried for weeks and refused to talk to anybody. She went insane without him.

But it wasn’t just Georgio, no. It was the house. There was something in the house that made her crazy. She became angry at everyone, and was constantly sick. She completely isolated herself from everyone. I tried to talk to her, but she screamed and slammed her door. I tried to get her to talk to a therapist, but she threatened to run away. I didn’t know what to do. I still don’t. Her mother’s gone, left me alone with her years ago. I didn’t know who to turn to. I tried everything I could.

She’s now locked herself in her room. She won’t come out. I’ve tried to get her to come out, but she says she needs to be alone. I need help.

Ghost Fear Horror Girl Halloween